Pre Nuptial and Post Nuptial Agreements
Carr & Co offer a professional and personal service, drawing up pre-nuptial and post nuptial agreements for couples prior to or following entering into a marriage or civil partnership.
Pre-Nuptial and Post Nuptial Agreements set out who owns what at the time of marriage and also how the couple anticipate those assets should be divided in the event of divorce or separation.
In order to ensure that your agreement is upheld by the Court then it is important that the following steps are taken before entering into the agreement:
- Each of you obtain independent legal advice
- You are full and frank about the assets and income you both have so that you are both fully aware of the implications of the agreement and you have full information to assist you in making your decision.
- You each enter into the agreement without undue pressure.
- The agreement must be fair and realistic.
- The agreement must consider future changes for example the birth of any children.
To arrange an appointment with one of our family law experts call us today on 0191 284 0363 or send us a message via our contact form.