Debt Recovery

We understand the implications that the late payment of a debt can have on any business, large or small, and know how frustrating and time-consuming it can be to chase late payments. Carr & Co routinely recover debts for small and mid-sized businesses and can advise and assist you on the recovery of commercial debts owed to you.

We offer a fast and efficient service, guiding you through the process from pre-action correspondence through legal action to enforcement of a Judgement, all at a fixed price, ensuring that your outstanding debts are recovered.

As part of our service we provide:

  • Same day production of letters before action
  • Civil Litigation services
  • Enforcement of Judgements
  • Access to fast and effective tracing and investigation services

The following costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.

Debt value Court fee Our fee (incl. VAT) Total
Up to £5,000 £35 – £205 £600 – £900 £635 – £1105
£5,001 – £10,000 £410 – £455 £900 – £1200 £1310 -£1655
£10,001 – £50,000 4.5%-5% value of the claim £1200 – £6000 £1200 -£6000 plus 4.5% – 5% court fee

Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:

  • The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
  • Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
  • The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.

Our fee includes:

  • Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
  • Undertaking appropriate searches
  • Sending a letter before action
  • Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
  • Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
  • When Judgement in default is received, write to the other side to request payment

To arrange an appointment at a convenient time please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Get in touch for

Help & Advice

If you require further assistance then please do not hesitate to send us a message and one of our team will answer your query as soon as possible.

get in touch