Commercial conveyancing is the area of law which deals with the buying and selling of business premises (offices, shops, factories, warehouses and so on).
It also includes granting to a tenant lease of commercial premises and dealing in complex procedures such as renewal of leases, rent reviews and dilapidations.
Carr & Co can also provide advice on other related topics such as taxation, insurance and planning.
Whether puchasing or leasing ensuring the Heads of Terms are agreed at the outset is vital to avoid delay and additional costs. Timing of the starting of your business could be crucial so ensure that a Commercial Chartered Surveyor has covered all the terms. When acting for purchasers of commercial property more detailed searches are undertaken to ensure that the actual or proposed use is authorised by the Local Authority and also that there are no environmental or contamination issues to be aware of.
Furthermore, when dealing with the acquisition of commercial property there are a number of other issues which must be considered by the purchaser such as:-
- Employees – In most cases, any individual employed by the seller is taken on by the purchaser. It is therefore important to ensure that no claims are being brought by any of the employees and to see copies of all employees Contracts.
- Stock – Normally, the stock will be valued by the seller. Therefore, the Sale Agreement will include a provision allowing any dispute between the seller and the purchaser as to the value of the stock to be referred to an independent firm of valuers.
- Fixtures & Fittings – The purchaser should always make sure that all equipment being left is free from charges, for example, hire purchase agreements. This is necessary so that the purchaser has piece of mind that all equipment passes to him/her absolutely on completion.
- Insurances – It is essential that you have adequate insurance cover not only for your stock but also public liability. Also if you are in partnership or have staff do you have keyman insurance or life and critical illness cover?
We offer the same first class service from Blyth, Morpeth and Newcastle.
Here’s what you can expect, at whichever office you choose…
- A dedicated and experienced Commercial Solicitor who will act for you from start to finish.
- Support from a team of assistants which means that we ensure that there will always be someone available to take your call and deal with your enquiries.
- We will communicate with you in a way that meets your individual requirements. We are contactable through direct email, telephone, post and in person.
- State of the art technology, such as electronic banking, online access to; obtain your personal searches, the Land Registry and Companies House.
- Whatever related matters arise during the course of your transaction, we have extensive expert legal advice available through Carr & Co. You of course will have access to that advice whenever it may be required.
- We pride ourselves on our professional contacts that we have built up over the last 25 years.
- We recommend local professionals who we trust. We can put you in direct contact with professionals who can advise on ensuring the Heads of Terms are complete,surveys, tax planning, insurance advice, estate agency and financial planning. We can also put you in direct contact with Retail Development Companies, Removal Companies and other companies who may assist you on your Business purchase.
- You are always kept informed of progress and your transaction is completed with the minimum of fuss and maximum commitment.
Carr & Co can advise you on a number of areas including:
- Freehold Sales and Purchases
- New and Existing Leases
- Business Tenancy Renewals