Advice for Businesses
Carr & Co have specialist legal advisors who can give advice for businesses of any size, no matter how small or large.
There are a number of areas of law that your Business may need guidance on and we can assist with the following:
- Commercial Leases
- Landlord and tenancy agreements
- Shareholder Director Agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Company formation
- Employment Law
Carr & Co can also assist with Debt Recovery. If you or your business are owed money and need assistance in recovering bad debts then our specialists will assist you.
We understand all to well that late payment of debt can be a huge problem for any business, large or small. It is often frustrating and time-consuming chasing people who cannot or just will not pay. Carr & Co routinely recover debts for small and mid-sized businesses and can advise and assist you on the recovery of commercial debts owed to you.
We offer a fast and efficient service that can include all steps from pre-action correspondence through legal action to enforcement of a Judgement at a fixed prices, ensuring that your outstanding debts are recovered.
As part of our service we can provide:
- Same day production of letters before action
- Civil Litigation services
- Enforcement of Judgements
- Access to fast and effective tracing and investigation services
The following costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
|Debt value||Court fee||Our fee (incl. VAT)||Total|
|Up to £5,000||£35 – £205||£600 – £900||£635 – £1105|
|£5,001 – £10,000||£410 – £455||£900 – £1200||£1310 -£1655|
|£10,001 – £50,000||4.5%-5% value of the claim||£1200 – £6000||£1200 -£6000 plus 4.5% – 5% court fee|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
Please Contact us to arrange an appointment at a time and location convenient to you.